Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I loves myself an Adirondack Chair!

I just completed one of the funnest things I've done in a while, and I'm so proud of myself. My friend Ana and I took a woodworking class for women, where we made our own Adirondack chairs! :) It was super fun! We got to use all sorts of tools - table saw, chop saw, band saw, scroll saw, router, sanders ... and lots of things I'm now forgetting the names of. It was 5 weeks, and I had a lot more fun than I'd thought I would.

I want to take it again so I'll have matching chairs. So here's Ana doing some free-handed cutting on the table saw. All the machines made me a bit nervous at first, but you get used to them quickly. I think this one was my favourite, the router. It's what helps make these nice rounded edges on things. Here I am learning how to use it the first night. That's Mary Anne, the instructor showing me what to do.And here we are in our finished chairs! :) I'm so proud of us!
And here it is outside my front door. I want to paint "I made this chair" on it so that everyone looking at it knows that I made it!!! :) Have I said yet that I'm really proud of Ana and myself? I'm not really a tool-type girl...or at least I never thought I was. But now... I can see how you can get the woodworking bug.

No comments: