Thursday, July 18, 2013

Headed back to Africa

I don't know why it took me so long to get to Africa! I wish I'd been going there for years! It's truly amazing. Taking another trip there...flying out of Bend on my birthday. Not so happy about turning 40, so my gift to myself is to fly away to another continent. Hee hee.

This summer we're going to fly to Cape Town, spend a couple days there and then drive through the Garden Route and the Wild Coast to Durban. We will be picked up in Durban to head inland to Thanda Game Reserve where we will be spending three weeks on an elephant and rhino research project. I'm SOOOO excited!

While we're in Cape Town I want to go visit Robben Island, Table Mountain, the Cape of Good Hope and if we have time (ha ha) visit the penguin sanctuary I read about in The Great Penguin Rescue by Dyan DeNapoli. Fascinating read if you're looking for a good book! :) More later...

1 comment:

Chandra said...

Chandra here...I've been trying to add another post, but Blogspot is doing something odd and I can't get anything to post! :( I'm hoping they fix this asap....or else there will be no updates! :(