Sunday, August 03, 2008

Camping and Dirt Series...oh yea, and the HDO

Whooboy! What a busy weekend! It was the High Desert Omnium, the road bike race put on by the Bend Bella Cyclists this weekend. It went REALLY well, but it's always crazy busy. More so than the mtb races I've done, 'cause this was two days...and road races ARE just more complicated. Anyway, it went really well, I have some pics...but those will have to wait until I get back.

Back from where? :) Well, I leave tomorrow morning for a week's vacation, culminating in a Dirt Series clinic at Whistler! I'm really excited. We're also going to spend a couple days in Vancouver so I can meet my new niece...and have a memorial for my grandmother who passed away a couple weeks ago.

I'm looking forward to having a great vacation. I have pictures...but you'll have to wait until I get back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Chandra. Great blog. I'm looking for photos from the 2008 High Desert Omnium. I know it's a long shot, but me and one other guy sustained a long breakaway in the men's cat4/5 road race and I'm hoping to find a pic of our finish. If by any chance you have any photos that fit that description, I'd be hugely appreciative. my email address is doug_laplaca@yahoo.com. THANKS.