Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Every day, I CHOOSE to be a Tigger

In the past year I've had quite a few people comment on how I've managed to stay positive despite all the physical and emotional setbacks that have come my way. It's because every day I choose to be a Tigger instead of an Eeyore. I've had a role model recently whom I would be lucky to emulate.

Have you heard about Randy Pausch. He was a professor who was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and was told in 2007 that he only had 3-6 months to live. He lived almost a year. He gave an amazing lecture, wrote a book...and he passed away this last Friday.

He said in his now famous speech that we all have a choice. We can choose to be a Tigger or an Eeyore. He has TRULY inspired me. I chose, every day, to be a Tigger. And I hope that when my time comes I can say what he did: "I don't know how to not have fun. I'm dying... and I'm having fun". It's been my mantra every time something comes up that challenges me...I choose to be a Tigger. Not I AM a Tigger...but I choose to be.

If you haven't listened to his lecture or read his book, check it out:
http://download.srv.cs.cmu.edu/~pausch/

Tomorrow when you wake up...what do you want to chose, Tigger or Eeyore?

No comments: