Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Gemsbok, springbok, eland, oryx, kudu?

I've spent quite a bit of time trying to familiarize myself with a lot of the animals we're going to be seeing. Some things are quite obvious...cheetah, lion, giraffe...DUH! :) But the antelopes and gazelles...they're hard! It's all about the horns. Sheesh. What if they're young and their horns aren't developed yet?

I'm going to be keeping a "Safari Diary", trying to list all the animals I see. I haven't said it in this post: I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!! Although I'm also kinda freaking out about how quickly it's coming up. I need to make sure I get everything done that I need to get done. And I haven't quite figured out my packing yet. I just found out that the luggage weight limit is lower than I thought it was. Hmmm....  :)

No comments: