Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Underwhelmed. And oh so cute!

Is it awful to say that I was quite underwhelmed by the Sydney Opera House, the Harbour Bridge and Circular Quay? Well, I was. Eh, it was fine, but...I don't know. It's a building. And a bridge. I thought Cape Town was far more beautiful and vibrant. Same with Vancouver. And Ushuiai. And Bremen. I'm probably insulting a whole country, but...eh. It was fine.

Now, the koala hospital we visited in Port Macquarrie was AWESOME! :) Also spotted a couple golden orb spiders. Ugh. Man, those things are HUGE.

Sydney traffic was hellacious. Fast drivers, tailgating and cutting people off. Much nicer now we're out of there. Tonight we're in Kempsey, which is where Akubra hats have been made for about 130 years. I need to get a picture of myself by the Akubra sign. :)

Tomorrow we're off to Ballina via the Dorrigo Natoonal Forest which has a section of the forest on the world heritage site list. Ancient forest.

No comments: