Sunday, February 25, 2007

White elephant exchanges...

Wow, been a while since I've updated. Life's been....good! :) Been busy. Saturday the BBC Executive Committee finally got around to our holiday party. Not everyone could be there, but we'd put it off long enough. Heidi and Derek hosted, Megan and Eric brought Anika and lots of fun was to be had by all. Great food too!

Here's Heidi holding her cheerleader statue she won at a bike race. She won a cheerleader statue!!!! For the prizes, the organizers just went to Goodwill and bought a bunch of crap. :)

We did a white elephant gift exchange. We all drew numbers, then chose in turn. Our rule was that something could only be stolen twice...but we really didn't need it. Very little was steal-worthy! Hee hee. Eric was the second one up....Guess what he got? Sex instruction tapes! Three of them!!! Making Sex Fun With Toys and Games; Advanced Sexual Techniques and...one more. I loved every one's expressions. It was priceless, absolutely priceless!!!! Then we got the explanation as to why someone had them in the first place. Turns out Josh and his college roommates pooled their money together and bought them 'cause "Dude, it'd be so cool!" Josh and Cate decided this was the perfect opportunity to get rid of them. Seeing as Meg and Eric are the only ones with a child, one could say that they're the only ones that DON'T need those tapes!!! :)

Then it was my turn. The one I choose I shook...just to make sure that it wasn't more video tapes! Cate informed me that I might not want to do that. Turns out she was right. What I got was a...are you ready for this? A fish. A real fish. Not a fake one to hang on your wall, a real fish along with a bowl, pebbles and food. A female Betta. :) I actually kinda like it...

Here's Matt trying out the talking wreath that I'd brought. I'd got this at New Year's. Hee hee.

Heidi and Brittney cuddling. She just wants to be a big lap dog.


There's my fishie! Haven't named her yet. I'm waiting to see if she'll live longer than a couple days before I invest in a name for her.

Tonight I went to Liisa's annual Oscar party. Since many of the nominations reflected a variety of cultures and countries we went with an international theme. Traditional dress or your Oscar finery. Here's the food table ad Sheila in her traditional Indonesian dress. Sheila's sister-in-law is from Indonesia, and brought this for her last year.

So thus starts a new week...ugh. Next weekend my jewelry show goes up. ULP!!!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

What did you wear?

Chandra said...

Uhhhh, yoga pants and a t-shirt. Traditional.....I dunno, something! :) Actually I don't have any traditional clothes here in Bend, and none of my "finery" worked!