Thursday, September 06, 2007

Camping Labor Day weekend, off to Vancouver this weekend

Wow, I have not been a good updater! :) It's been a crazy busy couple weeks. After the High Desert Omnium I think I was so busy working on results I just didn't want to spend more time online!!!!
This last weekend, the long weekend, I lead a Bella ride on the Black Rock Trail, went to a friend's housewarming party, then headed out to join the Grier's and some others where they were camping up near Davis Creek. It was beautiful. It wasn't developed camping, so that means there was no one else anywhere near us!
Here's Clyde...one of the MANY dogs with us, sitting looking at Davis Creek. The water was just beyond our campsite, down a sandy hill. Unfortunately the sides of the creek were rather... icky. Smelly algae. The water was clear enough, but to get into it you had to go through the yucky stuff...and getting out too! :)
So, Sunday we decided to spend the day at Crescent Lake. Man, it was just beautiful!!! WE found a deserted day use area and set ourselves and six dogs smack dab in the middle. Hee hee. I don't know where all the people were for the long weekend, but they weren't up at gorgeous Crescent Lake. The water looked like the water off Belize it was so blue and clear. And warm. Here's Sheila testing the water.

And here are Sheila and I floating in the water. We spent quite a bit of time out there, then Sheila went in and brought me a beer, and I continued floating all by myself. I could have stayed out there a lot longer...but I'd finished my beer and I was getting lonely! :) I did however burn my chest pretty good. I was wearing sunscreen, but I didn't reapply enough, obviously.

Here's our site that day. See...completely empty except for us. Chris is there on the left learning how to kite sail. That's Brandy in the front with Max the bear looking out at the water. Well, Max isn't a real bear, he's a huge black Newfoundland. So sweet!!!! And then all our crap behind them. It was really windy, so they played with the kite and also tried some windsurfing.

Finally we headed back to camp when we were good and hungry. It got a little cold...but not enough to put on full pants...but not warm enough to keep the shorts on. So Sheila and I came up with our own solution....Capri's with socks pulled up. Here's Sheila in all her glory:

Here we are at the campfire after dinner.

Then we all headed home on Monday. It was early afternoon by we got back and yup my chest was on FIRE. I won't post the picture of that! :) This weekend I'm headed off to Vancouver to spend some time with my family.

I also realized that I only have two months until the Mexico trek....I need to start hiking! :)

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Looks like a good camping trip! I've never been to those lakes.