Sunday, September 23, 2007

Tumalo Falls

I love the Tumalo Falls loop. Julie and I did it today, took us about 3.5 hours for 6.8 miles. A bit slow...but ok for where I'm at physically at this point. It's SUCH a gorgeous hike that I have no problem taking it slow. There's the big waterfall down at the trailhead that everyone sees. But as you go up the trail it's just one waterfall after another. I think this is my favourite.
Here I am in front of a waterfall...it's just a different angle than the picture above. It's funny, when a hike goes uphill I always think of the "peak" as the half-way point of the hike. Well, on this trail it's definitely not! :) Only about 3/4 of the way around does it start to go downhill.
Funny, but I didn't really take any from that side! So here's one of Julie at one of the falls on the way up. It was nice enough for short sleeves, but just not quite warm enough to unzip the convertible pants.
Living in Central Oregon ROCKS! I can go hiking, then see this in my front "yard"
I did a mini pre-pack for Mexico. One month and one week and then I'll be off! :) I'm excited. I wanted to make sure that had purchased the correct size duffel bag. I did.

No comments: