Monday, June 30, 2008

Pickett's and beyond...

I can't believe I didn't take any pictures of Pickett's Charge! I was too busy running around to stop and take pics. Oh well. It went really smoothly, so I'm happy. I'm also super happy that it's over!!!! :) I love doing those, but they're a lot of work and take a lot out of you. Work's been busy since then too, so I was feeling a bit overwhelmed.

It's getting better now. I had a good weekend. Sunday I steam cleaned my carpets. Again, I'm glad I did it...but did I really have to pick such an already hot day! :) My house was pretty damn warm by the evening. Saturday Barrie and I rode from Swampy down to Bend. The mosquitoes were really bad. And they much preferred Barrie to me. They were driving her insane!

I love that ride. It's so pretty. I was hoping that the trail was completely clear of snow, and it was except for one snow mound that we had to skirt around. It was great though and we plan to do it again soon. I have a couple friends that want to join us on that one next time we ride it.

My legs did pretty well. By the time we got down to Ben's my legs were starting to feel quite weak from all the standing you do on the descending. They didn't hurt though! That may have been helped that we floated the river after riding. Iced my legs. Or at least cooled them. LOVE floating the river! :)

So a couple weeks ago I went to BC to get my Nexus pass and visit the Richmond library for work. I did manage to see my brother and his family which was really nice. They just bought a new house, and it's within walking distance of where they currently live. They're expecting their second child in a couple weeks.

Anyway, we took a walk to see their new place, and of course Kai had to ride his bike. He's so cute. He did have one oopsie into the tall grass.
It took him quite a while to struggle upright then get his bike out. Daddy helped, of course.

The raccoons are back! :) This is my one raccoon that comes every night. I put out a water dish for him too, 'cause he gets HOT. Last night he washed his food in it, like raccoons like to do, then he tipped it over so he could lay in it belly down. Cutie. Don't worry, I'm not making a pet of him.

No comments: