Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Suttle Lake

The Suttle Lake ride is truly quite easy, but it's super-fun because of where it is. Here's Izzy taking a swim. Not sure I'd be dipping my toes in there, but next time I go I'm definitely bringing my bathing suit! :)

It was brilliant sunshine when we started, but the clouds started rolling in about 1/2 way through our ride. It was off and on sunny for the rest of the way around the lake. This is a shot from the far end looking back the way we came.


The trail is RIGHT along the lake, so you do pass "through" the campgrounds. Here someone has very nicely tied their boat to a tree across the trail! Barrie wanted to cut the line...I told her she couldn't! :) You can see the trail here. It's like this all the way around the lake - clear and well defined.

We stopped at one of the campgrounds to sit for a while and eat a picnic lunch. We took too long, because about 2 minutes before the end of our ride it started to POUR!!!! Here's Barrie putting on her rain jacket. I'm amazed that you can't see the rain...it was coming down really hard. And of course my jacket was in the car. By the time we got there and got our bikes on the roof I was soaked! :) The nice thing about technical clothing is that it dries really quickly

So the look around the lake is only about 3.5 miles, but you start the ride at the Camp Sherman road, which makes it a 13 mile lollipop. The above picture is on our way back along the lollipop stem. The trail in that section is gently rolling with nothing too technical. The "scariest" parts were where the bushes and trees had not been trimmed back yet and you literally had to duck down over the bike and close your eyes to get through! Hee hee.

A super-fun ride that I can't wait to do again.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Nice! Thanks for sharing