Thursday, November 03, 2011

Wow!


Oooh, so much to say but not too much time. It's 9:25 pm and I need to still pack up and get to bed in time to sleep and get up at 6 am! :) Ok, here's a quick overview (our days have been so full that I haven't had the time or energy to use the computer).


Flights went really well (thank you Xanax!!!!!), got in at 11:30 pm, napped in a lounge until they came to pick us up at 4:30 am, drove to Agra, checked into our hotel, slept a couple hours and then hit the Taj Mahal for sunset. No picture can truly do that building justice! It is absolutely amazing. No other word for it. By the time we got home, all I could write in my journal was "too tired. Update tomorrow". Yea...hasn't happened yet! Sleeping like a rock! :)


Next day we did Agra Fort and can't remember the exact name, but it's also called the "Ghost City". Then we drove to Jaipur, got in super late and crashed. Now let me tell you something about Indian driving and roads. THEY'RE INSANE!!!! I have some videos that I'll eventually post but....man, it's taking your life into your hands. Other people in our group who have been to Cairo, Bejing. Lane dividers are mearly suggestions and if you drive the wrong way on the highway, well, they'll get out of your way! :) I spend my time looking out the SIDE window, not the front!


So today we got up early and did the Amber Fort, The Jaipur City Palace and the Observatory. Again, everything is simply amazing. This is an amaing country and I'm having a TOTAL BLAST! Ok, that's all I can give you. Gotta go to bed so I can get up and do it all over again. I'll just add that my fellow travellers in the group are just great. Most are my parents age, but I have not laughed as much in the last year as I have in the last two days. Twice today I was reduced to tears by laugher and I thought my mom was going to pee her pants once. It's been great!!! :)


Here are a couple pictures to tide you over. Of course, since this is my camera, I don't have many of me. Till next time... (if any of the East Bend staff are reading this...print off the picture of my and show it to the story time kids, if you want) Me at the Taj

Part of our group


Mom & David on the elephant ride up to the Amber Fort

2 comments:

Ana said...

Hi Chandra. You sound so energetic - you must be in India, or something.
Glad you all are having a good time.
Ana

Sara said...

Oh wow its all breathtaking!
Really? ...you are laughing more on VACA than at work, gee what a concept :)
Your Mom on an elephant, that is SOOOO cool. Beautiful Taj pix of you! Keep us posted. Sara (EB)