Friday, June 23, 2006

Killer kitties

So it seems that I have a cat with the taste for blood! I have two cats: Dread, an 18 lb 12 year old orange male and Loki, a tiny 9 month old female. Last week I came home, stepped through the door and noticed two of their toys on the living room carpet. The cats were sitting on either side just waiting for my praise. Turns out they weren't toys. One was a poor little mouse. Lying next to the mouse, perfectly parallel was a dead lizard! With part of his tail missing (which I found three days later when vacuuming! Yuck). Lying there. Side by side. Not only did they catch a mouse, but a lizard too! Sheesh.

Two nights ago I was working on my laptop and Loki was playing at my feet. With a toy...or so I though. Again, turns out to be a mouse! This one was still alive, but didn't last that way. Then last night she brings in another lizard! Dead again. She's a sneaky one, evidently! Sigh. I'm going to have to get her a bell. Otherwise the mouse and lizard population will be non-existent in my neighbourhood. Some might think that's a good thing. Not me. I like lizards and mice.

That's my killer kitty for ya! Here's a picture of her beating up on Dread.

But that's what I get for naming her Loki! And here's one of her eating her feet. She's an odd one.


No comments: