Friday, June 30, 2006

Mouse in the house!

I finally saved one from the killer kitty! Can you see the mouse in this picture? It's sitting against the wall behind my bike tire and the cat scratch post. Next to the baseboard heater...that tiny dark lump? These three pictures are from my phone, so the quality isn't fabulous.Well, this tiny mouse has been trapped/stuck in my house for at least 3 days. Tuesday evening I came around the corner to go upstairs...and there, sitting on the front door mat was this little mouse. Unlike some other people, my first reaction was "Awww, it's so cute! I wonder if I can keep it?" I like rodents. I'd LOVE to have a rat. They're so smart and can be very affectionate. Anyway, this is a wild mouse and knowing that they can carry diseases I knew I needed to try and get it out. But I also had to keep it away from the killer kitty!

I saw him several times over the next 2 days. He's a fast little bugger and I couldn't catch him! I'd leave the front door open, but every time he went that way one of the cats would appear to come inside and he'd turn around back under the couch or behind the tv.

Finally last night at about 11:00 I heard Loki in the kitchen making very...unusual sounds. I went to check it out and there she is with the poor little mousie in her mouth! I grabbed her tail and she dropped the mouse, who seemed just fine. I locked her up and managed to trap it.

Took it outside and let it go. Job well done! Can't wait to see what Loki brings home tonight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg, so cute! i love mice!

Heidi said...

Wow, rodents ARE smart, that one is reading, and he has even crossed of the items he's done!