Saturday, November 03, 2007

No heel surgery needed

I saw the podiatrist yesterday and I don't need to have that bone fragment removed. In fact, she thinks it's incidental to the pain. What there was, was a huge abscess inside my heel. For whatever reason. I have a hard time believing that it would have nothing to do with the bone spur...but then again I didn't go to medical school! :) She still says it' a really good thing I didn't go on the Mexico trip, as it probably would have gotten really bad. So all I have to do is continue taking antibiotics for another 2-3 weeks and all shuld be well. If it happens again she said they'd go in and do a fasciotomy at that spot to relieve the pressure.

As for my other fasciotomies...they're booked for Monday Nov 12. Hooray! :) It'll be amazing to have it all done and have legs that don't hurt anymore!!!!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Now you'll have no excuse to NOT cross country ski this winter!