Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Surgery #1 scheduled...

I saw Dr Smith yesterday and she agreed that we should go in and do the compartment release surgery for the backs of my calves. Two muscles in each leg, but she things she can do them through one incision. It'll be a bigger...or, well, a longer one anyway, than the one in the front. But since we now know everything I'm allergic to (knock on wood!) the healing process should be really fast.

I see Dr Schweger on Friday after my MRI today and that'll tell us if they need to go in and remove that bone fragment. Dr Smith did say that if I do need surgery they'll do their best to arrange them to be at the same time. The fewer times I have to go under general anesthesia the better! So if that does need surgery that'll be five surgical scars on my legs. If it does require two incisions on each leg for the compartments that'll be seven! Oh well, so long as they heal! :)

No comments: