Thursday, October 18, 2007

It's hard to take a picture of the back of your leg...

This last weekend...possibly the last nice weekend for a while, was the last official Bella ride of the season. I've been sick, but I really wanted to go. It was probably a mistake. We carpooled up to the Skyliner trailhead and the conversatonal ride did the Skyliner Trail. It's a lot of fun! Rolling trail through the trees, a couple of fun log piles, and eventually it takes you to the top of lower Whoops. I had to turn around about 3/4 or the way though. I was having bike issues, and wasn't feeling good. My chest hurt and I just wasn't gettting enough air.

WEll...on my way back, I took a header coming INTO THE PARKING LOT! How embarassing. Of course there were about 25 people there watching. Sheesh. There was a parked car I was trying to avoid, but hit a sand pit instead. My wheel turned and stopped dead sending me over and into a big bolder sitting there. As my knee smashed into the rock my right leg ripped down my chain ring. I stood there hunched over thinking "I've broken my kneecap and ripped my calf open to the muscle!" I didn't but it hurt like a son-of-a-bitch! This is what it looked like Monday. It's really hard to take a picture of the back of your own leg...
Monday was the annual Central Oregon Regional Library Conference. At one of the sessions we learned all about DDR, Dance Dance Revolution and Guitar Hero. What fun! :) Here's April showing us how it's done.

No comments: