Monday, October 08, 2007

Sick as a dog

Why do we use that phrase? What does sick as a dog really mean? Well, whatever it means, I've been sick and stuck on the couch all weekend. After a while you get sick of chicken noodle soup and tea. I've had nothing to do, so I've been watching movies.


If you have not seen This Film Is Not Yet Rated yet, you SHOULD!!!! It's so good! It's all about the MPAA movie rating system created by Jack Vallenti. Wow, is it ever a secretive group and process. It's FASCINATING!!!!

I think everyone should see it. Don't get me wrong, I do think the movie ratings may be useful at some times, but we need to take them with a grain of salt. It's so arbitrary and...really, unfair to a lot of movies. There is NO written criteria of what makes a movie NC-17 or R. One of the people interviewed made a good point - if it's the only system available it may...MAY be better than nothing. But then again, maybe not.

Oh, you'll just have to watch it. It's insane! It's a more secretive group than the CIA!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Sounds like you need some nachos and beer.