Sunday, October 28, 2007

What a weekend!

Friday I did manage to get into the podiatrist. They scheduled me for an MRI this Wednesday and sent me home with anti-inflamatories and instructions to STAY OFF my feet as much as possible. During the day my foot got progressively more painful, to the point where by the evening all I wanted to do was lie there and cry. I took three percocet...and it took the pain down from an8/9 to about a 6...for an hour! That's it! I only slept maybe 30 minutes total Friday night. I spent most of it either sitting on the couch rocking back and forth trying to ease the pain, or lying on the kitchen floor curled up..except for my leg, and crying.

Not a great night. I thought about going to the emergency room...but didn't. I did call BMC Urgent Care though. If they'd been open at night I would have gone. But they opened at 8:00. So at 7:00 am I called Julie and asked her if she'd drive me there. She did...and I spent the next five hours there. Sigh. It hurt SOOOOOO friggin' much! It was pretty obvious by then that there was something really wrong...more than just a simple bone spur. What's really funny is that it was the doc I saw over at the westside BMC that I also saw at the main clinic on Sat! :)

He came into the room, asked me what I was doing there, looked at my foot and said "Oh, that's not good!" It was quite swollen and red. He thought that there was probably a big infection along with the bone spur. So, he sent me off for a CAT scan...but it wouldn't be as effective, 'cause I'm allergic to the contrast dye. But anyway, we did it, did a ton of labs and yes, there is infection and inflammation in the tissue around the bone spur. Not really surprising.

So...he sent me home...finally, with antibiotics and more percocet and further instructions to stay off the foot as much as it hurts. So anyway, I spent the rest of the day resting. I wasn't planning on going to the drag show, but when everyone showed up for our pre-drag show drinks...I changed my mind. Everyone just looked so great all dressed up, and I knew it'd be a blast...so I went! :)

Here I am strapping on my boot. I went as Bad Kitty...again. I really wanted to go as Columbia, but the costume is just too complicated with a walking cast and crutches.
So it was myself, Ana, Julie, Barrie, Kate and Paige that went together. April wasn't going to go, but wound up going with some derby girls. Wish I'd gotten some pictures of them too. So here we are at the drag show. Most people were dressed up. This is me, Paige as the pixie and Julie as a 1800's brothel madam.
This guy was quite...ah, interesting! :) He and his girlfriend were in "matching" costumes and spent a lot of time making out. LOL. There was another guy that came dressed up as Snow White. They were both great!

See, I did have my crutches! I used them when I was walking around. After the show, I did "dance" without them...but by then the percocet and two drinks definitely dulled the pain. Hee hee. Luckily though, I really think the anti-inflamatories and antibiotics were starting to work 'cause they already felt better...and continued to feel better Sat night and all day today.
As aways, Poison Water was EXCELLENT! Those ladies are amazing. And so funny too! :) Here they are introducing themselves.
I do have quite a few from the show, but you'll have to check out my Flickr site for them. Julie was killing me! She's such a....librarian! :) Hee hee hee hee.

Then after the show the chairs were all taken out and the dancing began!
I hung out and danced for a while, but I knew I shouldn't push it. So Barrie and Kate took me home. I wanted to stay longer, but it's good I went when we did. It was almost midnight by the time we got home, so it's not like we left early! :) I'd set my bed up on the main floor 'cause I just could not handle the stairs another night. But I had Ana's keys, so I stayed up for them. They eventually rolled in around 1:00...stayed until after 2:00 trying on various other costumes I have. I've got quite a few good ones! :) The whole night was a complete blast.

Then today, Sunday, I slept pretty much ALL day. Not 'cause of last night, but just because I was so tired! Not sleeping at all Friday night, and then all the stress and pain of the last three days just caught up to me. I crashed today. So, Tues I see Dr Smith about getting the compartment release surgery done earlier, then Wed I have the MRI for my foot and then see the podiatrist again Friday to talk about what we should do. So...we'll see.

I'm still very sad to not be going to Mexico!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I'm so glad you got out and it looks like you had a blast!

Chandra said...

Yea, next year you'll have to come. Barrie and I are thinking we should go as Muff Divers, as Gina described them at the meeting. Hee hee hee. That made us laugh.