Thursday, March 27, 2008

PLA, day 2...but first day of programs

Wow, I went to two amazing sessions this morning...so I think I'm jaded for the rest of the conference. I'll be judging all other sessions by those ones! I won't blog about those here. If you really want to know about them you'll have to check out my other blog, Librarian on the Loose.

This was a cool look at part of the Minneapolis skyline. I thought the old church, the new mirrored building and then the brown one behind it was... pretty. And then in front is the skyway. The skyway is a glass-enclosed pedestrian bridges at the second floor level. It's over five miles in length and connects over 50 blocks of downtown. 'Cause it gets c-c-c-c-cold here you know!
Tonight we went to another vendor reception, Midwest Tapes. It was muuuuuuuuch better than last night's one by Overdrive. It was really a full dinner with drinks, desert, and a LOT more room to sit.

Lynne, Sheila and I are having a "flair" contest. You know, flair, from the movie "Office Space"? I figure if we have to be geeks to wear those huge ugly badges/lanyards, I'm going to fly my freak flag and embrace my tackiness! So...we're seeing who can put the most "stuff" on them! So far Sheila is winning...but not after tomorrow!!!! :)

No comments: