Monday, March 03, 2008

Weekend visit

Well, I had a great weekend with my parents...other than being sick, that is! :) They arrived Thursday and left this morning. We had a really good visit. Friday I took the day off work and we went skiing. This was my first downhill skiing since my surgeries. I only did 5 runs, because I didn't want to overdo it. I did two runs before lunch and then three after. I could have done a couple more, but I was also happy with what I did do.

The rest of the time I spent in the lodge reading and doing crossword puzzles. I was getting sick, and I could feel the work my legs were doing, so I was happy to rest. Then Saturday my cold got pretty bad so I spent the day on the couch and in bed and my parents went snowshoeing. They had a great time! Wish I'd been able to go with them. Then Sunday we just hung out and went on a walk. I still feel pretty rough, but I'm hoping I'm on the mend. I don't feel like I am...but I hope I am! :)

Last week I got some more catnip and it came with this plastic ball with holes in it. So you put the catnip in the ball and the cats go crazy over it. I gave it to them on Sunday, and pretty soon, guess where it wound up...

No comments: