Sunday, September 10, 2006

Hello from Peru!!!

Hello all! Or anyone who happens to be reading this. Just a quick update. We are in Puno now, on the edge of Lake Titicaca, the highest navegateable (sp?) lake in the world. We are at about 12,500 feet. If you notice I am not using contractions it is because I cannot find the apostrophe key. No pictures until I get back cause mom forgot the cord to attach the camera to the computer. Silly girl!

Been great so far. Flights themselves were ok (man, that valium makes a HUGE difference!) but the connections and hassle were crazy. Each leg they lost my reservations. So I would get there and there is no record of me. What fun! But got here. By the time I got to the hotel it was about 6:00 am. Slept until about 10:00, then tour of Lima. This morning we flew to Puno at 6:45 am. Tomorrow we get a tour of the lake and then drive 5 hours to Cusco. There are internet cafes every block! So I think I will have quite a few chances to update.

Oh yea, for those who I said I would send postcards...you probably will not get one. Each postcard costs $2 US in postage!!!! Yikes. You will have to take this as your postcard! Sorry. With this higher elevation I have been feeling mild elevation sickness issues (headache, lightheaded, etc), but I am getting better by the hour. Drinking lots of coca tea (yes, that is made from cocaine leaves!), water and just taking it easy until tomorrow. We have one person who is not doing well at all though. Hope she adjusts. We will see.

So anyway, hello from Peru. It is still a bit unreal that I am actually here! It is just great. Beautiful. Wonderful food. Not eating those rosted guinea pigs though, just not. Hope you all are well. One of the ladies may have a camera cord that might work, so you may get pics next time. Off to walk around Puno and drink more coca tea. Yea baby! Hee hee

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Have an awesome time, I can't wait to see pictures. I should have thought to give you some endurolytes to take with you!!!