Saturday, September 02, 2006

In one week...

I'll be in Lima! Ahhhhh! I'm so excited, and scared too. I just wish there hadn't been so many airplane crashes in this last month. Everything will go fine...but it's probably good that I have valium. Of course, I still haven't had a day/evening without plans so I could try the valium out. I've never taken it, so I need to try it. Maybe Monday...

I've decided that I'm going to put my backpack/duffel bag that I'm taking on the hike into a suitcase for the flights and for in Lima. When my brother lived in Chile, he had his backpack sliced open twice at the airports and about $500 worth of stuff stolen. I'm not willing to take that risk. I feel stupid taking a suitcase, but I think it's the smartest thing to do. Just need to get a few more things, and then I'm all ready. Need to get traveler's cheques and a money belt. I HATE them, but then again, they're the smarter way to travel. I used to have one, but I cannot find it. I can't believe I'll be in Peru this time next Saturday!!!!! :) Hee hee.

I've found a ride to Portland on Thursday. And Susan is going to let me stay at her place, despite the fact that she and Dave will have only moved in on Tuesday, and Paige is also going to stay there. Paige is who is driving me up. What's great is that she was planning on going to P'land on Thursday anyway for a concert. So I'm just hitching a ride with her. On the way back, I think I'll take the new shuttle The Mountain Express. Unless of course, I can find someone who wants to come pick me up! :) The Mountain Express is new, uses Bio-Diesel, and the best part is that it leaves PDX at 1:30 pm instead of the Breeze's 6:30 pm. And it drops off at the Mt. Bachelor Park 'n Ride. And it's cheaper! So I think I might be all set in that department too. I will gladly accept a ride on the way back though!

Loki's getting her cast off on Wednesday. As for her tummy, the vet wants to leave it. She feels that it may do more damage in trying to remove that large and area. It's shrinking, but very slowly. It's probably going to take about 2-3 months for it to heal completely. I'm happy though. It means that both Loki and Dread can be left in the house and just be checked on every couple days. She really wants to go outside, but too bad! It's her own fault for getting her foot broken!

No comments: