Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Easter!

Not that I celebrate easter in a religious sense...just secular. Its a good chance to eat and drink with good friends. I had to work Saturday, which was ok 'cause it rained. Then I took the boy I'm mentoring to COISC for skating. He skated for over three hours! I so wanted to be out there, but I was a good girl and refrained.

Since I didn't bike Sat, Julie and I went out for a little road ride up Skyliners before heading over to Cheryl's for our annual Easter get-together. I created a gallery of it, of course! I made may fabulous Caprese salad (mozzarella, tomato and basil...yummy!), and Julie and I rode over on our cruisers. Here's the spread...or one side of the room anyway. Let's see there was turkey, ham, vegetarian lasagna roll-ups, this fabulous five bean baked beans, two types of salad, corn casserole, potatoes au gratin, garlic bread, jello salad...and that doesn't touch on dessert! Man, good eatin'.
After lunch we set out the eggs for the kids egg hunt. They love it. It was mostly April and Jonathan who put the eggs out...they did a good job.
Then it was time to play spoons! Hee hee hee. Almost everyone played. Cheryl always does a nice twist...it's the looser of each round that gets the prize.
And the prizes are fabulous things like the bunny glasses Jonathan's sporting after he "lost." There was also colouring books, a variety of games, Peeps bubbles and lots of other things. Cheryl has these Passover 10 Plagues finger puppets that are HYSTERICAL! They weren't for us though.
It was so gorgeous out! But hot. Cheryl finally offered us hats...little did we know that the hats were vintage ones she'd gotten at a variety of garage sales. They were fabulous, but the best was Jimmy's dew rag. Ok, it's really a 1920's ladies hat...but it looks hilarious on him. April has the best laugh. Neither April not Julie looked silly...they looked FABULOUS in theirs.We, ah...like our champagne on these "special" occasions. After dinner, I'd taken a picture of our bottles and there were six. Halfway through our spoons game there were 9. By the end, 11. But then we just hit the hard liquor.
The sun went behind some clouds for a bit...poor Rachel was even a little cold! Here we are blowing bubbles from our Peeps bubble blowers.
So...Julie and I got burnt! I don't know what I was thinking. I was going to wear a tank top, then changed my mind. You think I'd know that if it's warm enough for a tank top, it's warm enough for sun block! Nope. I'm intelligent...just not so smart sometimes.

This last one is Barry returning to Cheryl's to give us some empty jars that Rachel was trying to get rid of. He came back on his bike...and when we called him so sexy, this was his response. Ahh Barry. Some things never change!
Good weekend. Tomorrow I get my medical exam done for my green card. I have to drive all the way to Prineville! I can't believe that Bend does not have one civil surgeon! Stupid. Oh well, at least it's a pretty drive.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

mmm, baked beans. I haven't had those forever!