Sunday, April 22, 2007

I'M GOING TO BE AN AUNT!!!!!

Again...and well, not really a relative...but close enough. My best friend since eighth grade... that's ... ulp, 21 years (!!!!!) is pregnant and due Nov 17th...the same day her sister is getting married. Hee heee hee. Typical Sylvia! :) I'm sooooo excited! For them, and for me! :)

Sylvia and I met in grade 8 and discovered that we'd only lived 2 blocks apart for the last ten years! We'd gone to different elementary schools and didn't do anything in the same circles. We bonded instantly, and have been friends ever since. Sylvia is the one that has come for Christmas Eve every year since 1986. She's been with my family for more Christmases since then than I have! :) Here's Syl and my other best friend Jen.
Here's just me and Syl a couple years later on the porch at my parent's house. This was Syl's mistake of a perm. Hee hee. Man, that was NOT a good hair time for me and her!
This was Sylvia and Spiro's (otherwise known as Elmer) wedding back in 199..no, hmm, wait. When were they married? I was living in Bend...it must have been the late summer of 2002. That's her sister Serena to the right of me. She's the one getting married right around Syl's due date.

This was me and Syl last year. 21 years...that's a long time. You know, I do think about this a lot, and each time I'm reminded just how blessed I am to have had the friends I've had over the years. I'm STILL friends with Sylvia, and my friend Jen...who's been one of my best friends since we were infants. I've always thought that everyone has those kinds of friends, but it's not true.

So, thank you to ALL my friends. And look at my track record...hopefully we'll still be friends in another 21...or 33 years!!!! :)

Congratulations Sylvia and Spiro! Can't wait to say hello to your baby. You know, Chandra is a GREAT name! Unique names give...personality and strength! :) :) :)

No comments: