Sunday, January 20, 2008

Live for every moment

Wow, what a filled weekend I just had! Friday night the Bella Executive Committee had our holiday party. Like last year, we did a white elephant exchange. Last year I got the fish. This year....I got back what I brought! :) I took the white goose cookie jar I got at the New Year's white elephant that we did. Dave opened that one...but then at the end, he stole what I had, SO I HAD IT BACK!!!!! But no worries, I stashed it in Cate and Josh's shower. Hee hee. No way was I bringing that thing home.

On Saturday I went to a memorial for the husband of one of the Bellas. I didn't know him, but I sure wish I had. It was so sad...but at the same time it was great. There were so many people there that loved both of them, and EVERYONE talked about what a great guy he was. He lived life to the fullest every single moment. They did a slide show in honor of him and I'd say that 98% of them were outside. And in every one he had this enormous smile. So I decided that perhaps he should be my muse. He can't be here anymore to love life and take advantage of the beauty around us, so I will. The best way to honor his memory is to try and live like he would have.

So, to do that we went bowling! :) It really was super fun. I suck...but I had a great time. And I even learned something. I've been holding the bowling ball the wrong way my whole life!!!! I've been using my thumb and then those first two fingers. Um...no. You're supposed to use your thumb and then the second and third fingers. Who knew? :) Once I did that...well, I didn't get any better, but it sure felt better. We'll go back soon and I'm gonna ROCK! Hee hee. Sheila won one game, Chris one, and Barrie one. But if we'd played a fourth game I would have one it! Yea, no. But I'm being positive.

This morning Barrie and I went for a great snowshoe. It had snowed there last night, so there was a nice layer of soft snow. It was just gorgeous.

We did the loop out to Meisner out to the Meisner shelter and then back. It was about 3.5 miles, and again, no leg pain!!! :) I did have some foot pain, but that was from my orthotics and the non-flexing shoes. But it was still great. It was just amazing, and wonderful to be outside after the memorial on Saturday and the revelations I had.


It's been snowing most of the day. It's beautiful. :)

No comments: