Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Time passes

Wow, I really haven't been very good at updating, have I? :) Oh well. Not much new with me. I've spent the last couple weeks re-arranging my upstairs rooms. I decided I wanted the bigger room for the bedroom. I initially took the smaller room, because it has a porch. But I can still use the porch if it's off the "office." And the bigger room is so nice and bright!

I also got a new bed frame and a new dresser. Oh yea, and something cool, a combo mirror and jewelry keeper. I just love it.
It's taken me quite a while to get it all organized though. And I'm trying to organize my office so that I have some good space to work in. I have a ton of big projects at work coming up, and then with the Bend Bella Cyclists we have a lot going on, and this year I'm the race director for Pickett's Charge, a mt bike race here in Bend in June. Ulp! Organization is my focus this year. For any women in Bend, come on out and snowshoe with us tomorrow, Wednesday night. We're going to meet at PMS at 6:00 and go night snowshoeing. HOORAY! :)

Oh yea, and did I say that my goal for this year is to do the sprint distance of the Deschutes Dash? I'm excited, but a bit scared. I've never done a triathlon before...hell, I've never run before!!!!! :) I'm starting a program that within 13 weeks will have me running 10k. We only have to do half of that for the sprint distance. I'm going to be training with a couple friends, which always makes it easier. We'd love to have a cheering section at the finish line! :) I know that some people say they could roll out of bed and do a sprint tri...well, I can't! For me this is going to be a big deal. I've never been able to run before! Maybe for the Dash I'll "decorate" my legs to accentuate the scars....

On a sad note, I found out yesterday the husband of one of the women I know from the Bellas died skiing on Mt Bachelor Sunday. My heart really goes out to her and their families. He was only 27. Way too young. It's so important to tell the people that you love, that you love them. Things happen so quickly. None of us want to live with regrets about what we said or did not say. So, to take something positive from his death...make sure you live you life the way you would want to be remembered, and tell people how much you mean to them.

No comments: