Sunday, July 22, 2007

And why am I supposed to still wear a bandage over my incision while biking?

I went biking this morning, and discovered why I'm supposed to still wear something over my incisions while I'm biking: I'm still doing the weenie rides, so I convinced a friend a do one with me. Just out the the chicken and back at Phil's. All went well until we reached the chicken...I went to stop, unclipped my left foot, then overbalanced to the right and fell right on my right leg. And of course it's the outside of the leg that hits the ground! I tried to twist as I was going down so that I wouldn't land on my leg...but no go. Really ground it into the dirt.

I was COVERED with dirt, and my incision was pretty much packed with dirt and pebbles. Sigh. When I got home I washed it out as best I could. I had to rip off a lot of the scab, cause it was really moist and I couldn't get the dirt off! It's still pretty dirty and I'm a bit concerned. I'm going to take a bath in a bit, and hopefully soaking it will get the dirt out! :)

Friday night I went to Spiderman 3 at McMenamins with my friends Julie and Heidi and her husband. Last weekend Heidi had a fall and mangled her elbow. Earlier this week she showed us how when she pressed her thumb in the dent stays! Her arm is really swollen...and it doesn't bounce back like healthy tissue. See...can you see the dent?

Ick. I'm tellin' ya, that's NOT normal!!!!!!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Doh, I can't believe you fell over! Oh, and my arm isn't swollen anymore, though that was pretty impressive