Thursday, July 05, 2007

Happy 4th of July!

Had a great 4th of July yesterday! Sheila, Julie and I went up to Elk Lake. It was hot up there, but definitely cooler than down in Bend. We'd gone to The Grove on Tuesday evening for drinks to say "good bye" to it. So sad it's closing down. Anyway, by the time we got up to the lake it was about 1:00, but we still managed to find a nice spot. Two actually. One in the shade for our stuff, and one in the sun.
It was just gorgeous up there! Clear blue sky, no wind at the beginning...just perfect. You could see Bachelor...what a great view.
Here's Sheila paddling out on my new floatie! I lvoe these ones, they're the best! The Swimways Spring Float Recliner. LOVE IT! :)
And here are my legs, 11 days post-op. They're doing pretty good. Saw the surgeon on Tuesday and she was pleased. I'm allowed to bike and walk/hike as much as I can tolerate, but I have to wait another week or so to swim. Needs to heal a bit more and dry out. The left one's been really "weepy" in one spot since it was re-wrapped on Tuesday. Still, they're looking really good.
The wind picked up later and the sailboats were just whipping around! This one almost looked like it was going to tip over!
After getting back from the lake I went to Blenders on the corner of 8th & Greenwood to watch the fireworks with friends. Rode my cruiser from Gear Pedler over to Blenders...and while it didn't really hurt...I sure felt it! Sat around 'til it was dark hangin' out with a bunch of friends. I know the owners of Blenders...they rope off the section of the parking lot by their business, so we could spread out. Big group by the end. I'm telling you, that Erickson's paring lot is THE PLACE TO BE! Man, tons of people with fireworks...it was pretty CRAZY! :) The fireworks were pretty good. I'm used to Vancouver's Celebration of Light fireworks competition, but these were pretty good for small town! :) Very enjoyable.
And the Butte did catch on fire this year! Hee hee hee hee!!!!! I tried to take a picture...but they all came out blurry. The fire is there, on the right bottom of the picture. Yea, really not clear at all.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

YAY, you went to the lake! Sounds like you guys had a great time.