Friday, July 13, 2007

Happy Friday the 13th!

I know Friday the 13th is considered an unlucky day, but in my family we always considered 13 and the 13th a lucky day. My mom was born on June 13th....don't think it was a Friday, but we extend the luck to that day. There are so many origins of Friday the 13th! Wikepedia has a pretty good, expansive explanation...but as we all know, Wikepedia can't be counted as an "authoritative" source!!!!!!! Snopes.com, the buster of urban myths (you ever have a question about a computer scam/virus...anything, go here!!!!), has a great explanation of Friday the 13th. Ok, now that I've gotten my daily education out of the way, on to other things.

Legs are....doing ok. I won't post a picture of them all icky with the allergic reaction, 'cause I know some weenies don't like seeing those sorts of things! :) But if you're curious, you can see them here. I rode on Tuesday morning, and it was good. It was REALLY short...but baby steps. I can't swim until the rash clears up, but that should be by next week. I hope!

Instead of my legs, I thought I'd show you this:
The neighbourhood raccoon is coming out during the day now. He comes up and sits at the window until I bring him some food. He's not as skinny as he was a month ago. I know, everyone freaks out...but it's fine! He's NOT a pet, and I never forget that they're wild animals. But this one isn't at all aggressive to the cats.

In fact, the other evening I looked outside and there he was with Boston sitting about a foot away on one side, and Loki lying down a couple feet away on the other. They just sit around looking at each other. Now, they don't like it when he comes near the house or the windows, but as long as he stays outside, or close to the door, they don't care. The other night it was so hot that when he came around he just lay outside all sprawled out. Rolled over on his back, waving his legs around...I think we was trying to generate a wind to cool himself off!

Yup, it's been HOT. H-O-T, HOT!!!!! Poor kitties. The house is all closed up during the day, so it stays fairly cool. Compared to outside. But as soon as that sun isn't directly hitting the house anymore I open it up. Here's Dread flopped out. Man, he was really hot that night!


Should be some relief next week though. Off to watch the Twilight Crit tonight. Let's hope for no crashes. I'm perfectly ok without blood!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

You think your rash looks bad, wait for the picture I'll post from my ride today. :(

Chandra said...

What did you do???? Mt or road?