Sunday, July 29, 2007

Poor Squirrel!

Ok, I know that cats are "predators"...but I REALLY don't like it when Loki and Dread kill anything. So, I do take steps to free whatever animal they have...so long as it looks like it is actually ok and will live. Today, first thing in the morning, I'm sitting eating my breakfast. The cats have been running crazy all over all morning, but they seem to have disappeared. Dread hops up onto the window sill, stares at something and jumps out the window. I look and what do I see? Loki carrying a HUGE squirrel!

Now, this is no silly little mouse. She can barely get her mouth around it's back! It's looking around and seems fine. She couldn't run, 'cause it was too heavy! Hee hee. So anyway, I chase her down, corner her under one of the cars and she drops it. It lays there for a moment, then TAKES OFF! Got behind some planters. I picked up Dread (who had, of course, come to chase it too) and Loki, take them inside and close the window. I watched the squirrel run back to the woods. Not even a limp.

The cats were not impressed with having to stay inside. But I was not going to let them catch that poor squirrel again! When they went out they went straight for that planter. Hee hee. HOORAY! Another defenseless animal saved!

And if you haven't believed me about the raccoon and the cats....
Dread then turned over so his back was to the raccoon. He's s cute!

No comments: