Monday, July 09, 2007

Minor setback....

...sorta. I seem to be having an allergic reaction to something topical. It's not a medication I'm taking because the rash and itching is localized around the incision. It itches SO BAD I want to just rip the skin off. Actually, I have in several places. Oopsie! I'm either allergic to the sutures, which would be really bad. I think it's more likely that I'm allergic to something that was put on topically to help the steri-strips adhere better to the skin.

It wouldn't be bad except it is starting to get puss-y. I don't know how to spell that word...not that it's a real word! Puss is the fine on it's own...but if you want to use it as an adjective I don't think it's supposed to he "pussy"! That's something else entirely!!!! :)

I tried a mt bike ride on Saturday, but it was definitely too much. It would ave been ok if we'd started off flat, but where we started it goes right uphill. Not too steep...but more than my legs can take right now. I really paid for it later. I've developed these weird bruises around my ankles and up my leg right over the anterior tibialis. Showed up after the bike ride. Have I said oops yet? :)

Oh well, it's still moving forward. I'm seeing the doc tomorrow though, just to make sure that it's all still ok. They look nasty...much worse than this time last week. As I keep being reminded, BABY STEPS! It's just so hard! I'm tired of just sitting around, and it's so beautiful out, and ....

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Instead of a bike ride you should rent a kayak and take it out on the river. Then you can enjoy the sun and get some exercise!