Monday, February 15, 2010

Awesome day!

Ok, I've got my Olympic spirit back! I didn't go to men's moguls where Canada got their first gold at home, but my brother did. Can't wait to hear from him how it was or see his pictures. I went to luge at Whistler. I was a bit hesitant about going, given what happened, but I'm so glad I did.

Those guys are INSANE!!!! It's sheer insanity. They're going 130-144 km/hour, which is about 100 miles/hour. It's crazy. Takes a bit to figure out how to watch it, and even longer to take a good pictures. After a couple mistakes, I got this great picture:
In my gallery you can see all my pictures from the day. The Canadian Sam Edney was in first place with five people to go, and ended up 7th, which is historical...top finish for a Canadian luger. It was awesome.
The Whistler Sliding Center is fabulous. On tv you don't get a true feel for how fast they are going. It really is amazing. And scary!! :)
Tomorrow I go see women's alpine skiing back up at Whistler and Thursday I see women's skeleton back at the Whistler Sliding Center.
Should be great. Today is yoga and watching more Olympics on TV :)

No comments: