Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Curling is fun!

Ana and I discovered we really do like curling. We went to women's curling Tuesday. Boy, those are rabid fans!!!! :) We learned a lot, and had a great time. We think we should get a curling venue in Bend so at the next Olympics the US men and women won't be in last place!! :) Hee hee. It might be the one discipline that the US will NOT NOT NOT be getting a medal. They're both 10th out of 10 countries. Oopsie. But yesterday they played a VERY good game against China, who are ranked third. So congrats to them. This is a picture of the US conferencing about what strategy they should use.


One of the funniest things was the women's restroom. The atrium attached to the curling venue was this big huge tent. There was a room sectioned off and inside all these porta-potties! It makes total sense... but it was funny.

After curling we went to the Vancouver Aquarium which was great too. It was one of the things Sonia really wanted to do, and I take any opportunity to go. It's a great Aquarium. I really didn't get too many good pictures, so I'll need to wait for Sonia and Rob's. But my favourite was this one of the bullfrogs. I knew they were big... but they were startlingly big after all the little tree frogs! :) They're so funny.
Ana, Rob and Sonia left today. With all the walking and hiking up and down the venues we've done, my legs need a rest. They've been seizing up a lot lately, and so it's been quite painful. Today my plan is to watch Olympics on TV, get all packed and just take it easy. Friday I go back up to Whistler for my last event, women's slalom and then Sat I head home! I've been having a great time here...but just over the last day or so I've really been missing my kitties... :)

No comments: