Thursday, June 07, 2007

32 laps, 32 lengths...what's the difference?

Had the last swim session last night. The "final" was to swim a mile in under an hour. Now, I already knew I could do that, but we went and did it anyway. It was a combined class of COCC students and community members. The pool was full length. I started out, knowing that I had to do 32 laps. Whew! At lap 12 Bob, the coach/teacher asked how many I was at and then said, oh good, only 5 more! Huh? Hee hee hee. 32 LENGTHS, not laps. I would have done 2 miles! No thanks. It was too cold. I mean, it wasn't too bad, but taking your arms out of the water was a little chilly.

I did the mile in 39.29. Heidi says I cheated 'cause I did 3 laps (6 lengths) with fins on. Humph. So, I did 2 extra laps (4 lengths) to "make up" for it. I'm kinda sad that it's over, so now that I'm in the routine I'd like to continue it and swim at least a mile twice a week.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

We WILL continue swimming!!!!!!!