Sunday, June 03, 2007

One step closer....

Friday I had to go Portland to get my biometrics taken for my Green Card. You may be asking yourself the same questions I did: 1) Why do I have to go all the way to Portland? and 2) What are biometrics? :) All it means it to have my fingerprints and photo taken. That's it. Really, there's NO ONE here in Central Oregon they can partner with? Evidently not.

So I took the day off and drove up for my 10:00 appointment. Got there early, but still had to wait until they called the 10:00 time slot. Then there's a mad rush of about 30 people to line up. Sheesh. Good thing I did sit close-ish to the entrance, so I was only 3rd in line. Was out of there by about 10:30. Nice! :) Then went to Trader Joe's and the outlet mall, and then headed home. It was a gorgeous day and Mt Hood looked especially spectacular.Now I'm one step closer to my Green Card. Next step is the interview....

No comments: