Friday, June 22, 2007

Post-surgery

Well, it's all done! :) Hurts, but I am able to hobble around. Yesterday, about 15 minutes before I was to leave for the hospital I found this discussion board on CS recovery...but people who had had the surgery. It's fascinating. People have SO many different experiences with this syndrome and the recovery. Kinda freaked me out 'cause some were really bad...but others are good. I tried to post before I left, but you had to register and the registration didn't come through in time. I'll post there today.

Julie dove me to the hospital, which was very nice. Got all checked in, and headed off to pre-surgery. So, I had to stop eating at midnight, from then until sic hours before the surgery clear liquids only. Then for the six hours before the surgery nothing, not even water. I was very dehydrated and it took them four tries to get an IV that worked. They've bruised quite nicely! :) Dr Smith cam in and talked to me, and then we were off!

The surgery itself was only about 1/2 an hour. Another hour to come out of the anesthetic, the really waking up and getting all the aftercare instructions. Shannon came and drove me to Julie's, where her mom took care of me until Julie got home. This is me lying on the couch.



Ok, I'm tired now. Gonna go take a nap. Tell ya more later....

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Heal up fast!