Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Christmas is coming

I can't believe how fast time goes by. I'm leaving for Vancouver for Christmas next week. Ulp! So not ready. Need to find someone to check in on the kitties.... anyone? :) Well, I'm feeling better, but still not 100%. I did not get out of bed on Sunday, except to lay on the couch and play on my laptop. Slept for three hours, when I finally stopped puking my guts out. Stomach flu's suck!!! Took Monday off too, since I was still weak. Today I', feeling much better. Have skating practice tonight...we'll see how that goes. Not sure I'm up to it, but I'll still go.


One of my favourite mystery writers FINALLY came out with another in her series (Heidi, take note!). Kidnapped: An Irene Kelley mystery by Jan Burke. Hooray! Think I'll start it tonight. See, this is always the problem!!! I have about 30 books at home waiting to be read, but I keep seeing new ones I like and bringing them home.


If you're looking for a good, funny Christmas read, you have to read The Stupidest Angel: A heartwarming tale of Christmas terror by Christopher Moore. All his books are great. Recently listened to A Dirty Job and it's fabulous too!



I did take the opportunity yesterday to decorate my house for Christmas. Not much, just my little 8 inch tree, and a couple things around the house...but I like it. Christmas is my favourite time of year!!! Not for the religious aspects, but for family, love, giving...I love it! I'm a sentimental mushball at heart, no matter how much of a bitch I appear at times! :P

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I'll add it to the list! I could watch the kitties next week.