Friday, December 15, 2006

Validity Committee

I think every office should have a validity committee. LOL.

So here's my muse for the day: why are teenagers, girls more so, SO mean to each other? I watch them here at the library every day after school...and I wonder what it is that is going through their heads. You could not PAY me to be a teen again! They're such fascinating creatures, and I feel such empathy for them. They're just...so amazing! But they can be incredibly vicious to each other. What purpose, psychologically, does it serve? Is it necessary? Does it create us to be the adults we are? Can it be avoided?

For those who don't know, when I was a teen I was pretty deep into religion. Even there, the girls were very catty and mean to each other. So I don't think that's the angle. Maybe it is just part of what we as humans have to grow through. All I know is I'm glad I'm an adult!!! Sheesh. I think they could probably still make me cry! But then I'd just make them cry! :) I am the Bitch Midget. (that's what they called me once)

No comments: