Friday, May 11, 2007

Book club eats

We had a pretty good book club last night. We read The Echo Maker by Richard Powers. It was.....interesting. A slog though. Whooboy! Difficult to get through, and to be perfectly honest I was disappointed. Not sure why it won the National Book Award.

Anyway, April made some great Mid-Western food, since the book takes place in Nebraska...? Is that right? She made a fabulous meat loaf and a corn casserole that my friend Lynne always makes. I blogged about her corn casserole before, and so you can get the recipe here along with my favourite sweet potato and pear soup:
http://chandra-itsmylife.blogspot.com/2006/11/food-coma.html

This weekend is the Cascade Chainbreaker, which I've helped out at for the past...six years. Wow, where does the time go? Saturday I'll be working registration from 12-4, and then Sunday it's pretty much an all-day deal. Be out there at about 7:30 and don't get to leave until way after the race has ended, around 3:00 or so. HAVE to remember to bring sunscreen this year! :)

I've decided that this summer I really want to do a camping trip up at Indigo Lake by Timpanogas Lake. Sheila, April and I hiked there last year during the Bella camping trip to Oakridge (you can see pics of Indigo Lake in that gallery). It's a hike-in campground. Only 5 tents...so it'll be by selective invitation. It's gorgeous up there.

As it will be this weekend! I may not have the time to get out there and really enjoy it this weekend, but I hope the rest of you do. I am going bowling tonight though, and that should be a BLAST! :)

No comments: