Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Cascade Chainbreaker 2007

Well, it was just a gorgeous day for the Chainbreaker. I worked registration on Saturday for early packet pickup, then on the day of the race, I started with registration again. Heidi, Michele and Laura (Lipstick Laura) helped out for the day. Here they are learning the ropes...so to speak. Heidi's done registration before, but she got the easy job this year of handing out the swag bags that people got! :)

Here's the starting lineup. They go in waves. I'm not 100% sure what the numbers were, but I think it was about 300 people. Looks a little crazy in there.

It had rained on Saturday, so it was nowhere near as dusty as last year or three years ago. Two years ago it rained. While it wasn't that fun for us, it made the course fabulous. Anyway, this year it was sunny, but not scorching. Here are a couple racers coming through.


Waiting at the finish line for the first finishers. At this point it was my job to pull off the pull tags that they secured to their back and send one to Doug, the timer, and one to the board so that people could see their progress. The finish line is back there by the trees, but I think a lot of the riders thought it was closer to us. So we needed to have someone down that way slowing them down so they could stop.


Two of the...I think it was the pros, didn't slow down, so Julie pretty much tackled them! I don't think she meant to, but they went down! Hee hee. All in all it was a great day. Little Laura took third in the beginner women's category. Hooray Laura! I didn't get burnt...except my scalp.

No comments: