Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I spy with my little eye...

something that I made! :) The theme for this year's summer reading program is Get a Clue @ Your Library. It's a mystery/puzzler theme. I got this great idea from one of the librarians in Bend, to make an I-Spy display. Then as a weekly contest you choose something different they need to count each week. There are 37 red firefighter figures, 32 dinosaurs, 25 marbles etc. Each week they'll have something else to count, then I'll draw at least two prizes each week. Should be fun. Now, the trick is to make sure that they're all glued om well enough that when this hangs on the wall nothing will fall off! :) Here it's only 3/4 done. Both Dread and Loki have been very interested in it. I expected to come home today to find one of them sleeping in the middle of the poster with it decimated around them. Phew, it wasn't. If you look really closely (you can click to the Flickr site, then look at "All sizes" and it's give you a big size) you can see that I have a Capt Jack Sparrow figurine...can you spy it? :)

Tomorrow I hope we're going to learn the butterfly stroke in swim class. Monday was freaking cold! The pool is uncovered now, and Monday was COLD! Ugh. Makes me want to be like Dread here:


Ahh, nothing like the life of a cat!

2 comments:

liberry lady said...

upper right hand corner!

Heidi said...

HA - that Dread pic is great!