Sunday, May 13, 2007

Bowling rocks!

I suck at it...but it's fun. A bunch of us went bowling Friday evening at Lava Lanes. It was a blast. Had a couple drinks and played two games. I've bowled twice in the last two years, but only with the kids I've mentored. Before that...I think the last time may have been in elementary school! At Sun Mt Fun Center they have REALLY cute shoes...I'd even wear the ones I've gotten out in public. Not Lava Lanes. Here are my shoes next to Jimmy's (aka Rico Suave with his bowling name). My shoes weren't too horrendous...but the adult ones sure were. Eww, florescent pink and yellow!

We had five people in each lane. Lynne and Liisa wanted us all to have "bowling names" so I was Velma. You know, from Scooby Doo. :) Liisa, aka Lurlene (hee hee, you have to say that with a ...redneck accent! Luurlene) broke 100 for the first time ever.
My first game I got...are you ready? A whole whopping 51 points! Whooboy! I found out that I'm bowling wrong. Basically I've been using an overhand grip which puts a massive backspin on it. As soon as someone pointed that out and I started using an underhand grip I got much better. Second game I did 79. Ok...that's still a REALLY bad score, but that was much better than the first time.

Perhaps the highlight of the evening was me tossing my ball behind me on the very last frame. And of course, it was with a heavier one. I usually bowl with the lightest ball, and at Lava Lanes it was the 8 lb ones. However, I just tried the 11 lb one...and did really well. So, of course it was that one I tossed. My fingers slipped out of the holes! I think everyone was laughing too hard to take a picture.

Next time we're going miniature golf! :)

No comments: