Sunday, May 20, 2007

New patio furniture!

The Bellas had another mt bike ride today. I was a bit pissed off that it rained again. Last weekend it was POURING right up until the ride left at 1:00. Today it drizzled on and off all day. If it's been sunny, I think we would have gotten an amazing turnout. As it was, we got a good turnout. We offered a truly beginner ride this week...a ride for women who'd never been on a mt bike, were really really new to it, or just felt unsure of themselves on the trail. I had quite a few people email to let me know that they couldn't make it, but hope we offer a beginner ride again soon. So we will. I had 6 people on my ride, not including myself. The conversational ride had 3 plus Michele and I think the spirited had 2...but I'm not sure. Here we were getting to the trail head.
A couple others getting ready. It stopped raining, but it was still cloudy. It did drizzle on us, but it was pretty good. All in all, it was a good ride. The ladies on the beginner ride had a good time and really appreciated the slower, more teaching ride. I tried to stop occasionally and give them pointers. We'll do another one next time, but I won't be able to lead it, 'cause it's the same day as Pickett's Charge. So, here's a "funny" thing that happened to me. This afternoon when I was getting my bike on my car, I set up my stool as usual. Yes, my stool. I'm so short that I cannot get my bike onto my car without it. So anyway, I set up the stool, lifted my bike, pressed it over my head and stepped up on my stool. Next thing I know, the seat of the stool slipped through what holds it in and I fell. I managed to stay on my feet and not drop my bike. Did bang me knee hard though. So... I set up the stool again (I've said this before, I'm not that bright!), lift my bike, press it over my head, step up onto the stool...and wham! AGAIN! This time I just went inside and got another stool! See, I do learn eventually. :)

But, that wasn't the exciting part of my weekend. Saturday I took the boy I'm mentoring out for a bike ride. When I got back, I logged on and Michele had just posted an email asking if anyone wanted/needed a patio set. I've been looking for patio furniture for a couple weeks! They're SO expensive. This is table, 4 chairs, umbrella and umbrella stand for $125. Man, you can spend that much just on an umbrella! :) So, I went over to Michele's, to her neighbours (they had a garage sale and it didn't sell) and picked it up. Here it is:
I was so sad that it was raining this morning...I was really looking forward to having my breakfast out there! Next weekend...

2 comments:

Heidi said...

sorry to hear about your falls! But hey, nice patio furniture!

Chandra said...

I'm grilling with some friends Monday if you and Derek don't have other plans! :)