Monday, October 09, 2006

Busy weekend...busy week actually. With a drag show!

I can't belief I've only been back a week. Ugh. I'm still very tired and trying to get back into the swing of things. I had a call this morning at about 5:30 from the security company that the alarm at the Sunriver Library was going off and the police were on their way. So, I had to drag my ass out of bed, get dressed for work and come down here. I'm leaving early today! :) I should go bike or swim, but I'm so frickin tired! And I'm still trying to fight off that cold I had the entire time in Peru.

Besides work, I had quite a few things going on. Thursday we had our first Bend Bella meeting of the "off-season" at Pine Mountain Sports. Small-ish turnout, but we got some great feedback about our progress so far. That and Heidi made a kick-ass slideshow! :) It took her and I quite a while to figure out how the projector worked with my laptop, since we'd never used those two together before. Just as we were about to give up, Shannon came over and said oh, you press this button...and ta da! It was great, thanks Heidi.

Friday went out with some library people. Heidi and Derek joined us ... and saw the crazy librarians! But I have to say, we were totally restrained...Compared to some times! :) And really, we just went to Astro, wandered around, but then we did wind up at the D & D. Jaime and Jimmy were with us, and they love it there. Since April'd never been, we decided we had to. I left at about 11:00, since I knew I had to be up early to build trails though. We did a bit of shopping, 'cause really, that's what Art Hop is all about! I tried on this fabulous, very J.Lo dress at Magnolia ...but the fabric just didn't work with how revealing it was. Man, the wrong move and you'd see all my wares!!!! I decided it was a no-go. I think people should have to work a bit harder to see all that I have to offer! ;P

I spent Saturday morning up at Wanoga Snopark helping COTA build biking trails. I went up with Heidi and Derek (I hadn't scared them Friday night!), 'cause I knew that if I didn't have someone picking me up I was just going to stay in bed! It's going to be a fun trail when it's finally done. We got a lot accomplished, but there's still a lot more to do. They had a great turnout, about 30 people I'd say.

Saturday night was the highlight though. April and I volunteered at the HDC Annual Drag Show Fundraiser. It was fabulous! The group that they had come out from Portland was called Poison Waters and they were wonderful. I know, I was supposed to dress up like a boy...but to be honest that's just not me. I wanted to feel comfortable. Someone did ask me why I didn't get "dressed up" and I said I was...I was just dressed up like a girl! Drag shows are great to watch ... but I don't really get it, and dressing like a guy...isn't a turn on for me. Just not there yet.

Anyway...! (Sorry, off my soapbox now, just was a bit pissed that someone thought I should have dressed like a guy). April and I spent a lot of time behind the HDC booth, until the show started, then Jenni said we were free! So we danced up a storm. :) Here are a couple pics:

Sheila lookin' sassy...and April pointing at something. Not sure what she's doing. I don't know what I would have done without these two the last year. You two rock! They're the best friends you could ask for. Supply you with everything you need...most of the time anyway! ;)


Sheila all ready to go! I know, I said I wouldn't tell...but it's just too funny! Hee hee hee. When Sheila came in, April noticed that her eyelashes were attached the wrong way! :) She had long fake ones with diamonds at the base...but the eyelashes were curving in the wrong direction. So she had to take them off and redo them. Made me laugh!

April and I at the show. You know, you think you look good...then you see pictures! I gotta work on that double chin thing I have going! Other than that, I think I looked pretty good. :)


Workin' the HDC table with Tuesday and Carrie.

This is me, Jenni (the HDC director) and Poison Waters. It's kinda fuzzy, 'cause it's a scan of a Polaroid.

The plan was to sleep in Sunday and just laze around. Well, I didn't sleep at all Sat night! I think I may have gotten 1/2 an hour or so in towards 4:00, but other than that...Sigh. So Sunday was more productive than I thought. Spent some time at a coffee shop doing some work, bought groceries, made chili..oh yea, and let my poor sore body rest after Sat night! I danced a lot...and my muscles could tell. I miss dancing!!!! Miss it, miss it, miss it!!!!

I'm off then, singin' a dancing beat...and I promise, I'll get to reminiscing about Peru really soon.

No comments: