Saturday, October 14, 2006

Next trip

On Thursday I went with Shannon and Susan to this presentation at PUMA'S about extirpate to the Galapagos and Antarctica. My mom and I were going to try and fit the Galapagos onto our Peru trip, but it turned out to be just too far away. I'm glad we didn't because I think that's a trip all on its own. I went to the show thinking "Yea, Galapagos, I want to go there, but who on earth would want to go to the Antarctic???" Well, I do!!! It was amazing! I'd need lots of vellum, 'cause the flights to get there must be very long, but I think it'd be worth it. Of course, it'll be a loonies time before I can save up the $14,000 that trip would cost...But we all need goals, right? :) Or rather, pipe dreams?

They had another trip that also really appealed to me. Egypt, with a Nile cruise. That one was only $4,000 for a 16-day trip. Not bad at all. Peru was about $6,000 plus airfare and some other stuff. Egypt. I've always wanted to go there. I love traveling! :)

Well, I'm off for a "River Ramble." I'm missing a BBC bike ride, but I felt that this is very important. The library is trying to encourage our staff to live healthy, active lives. We've created a wellness committee that has created opportunities for staff to get outside and do things together. I think it's great, so I feel I have to participate. It'll be fun! Tomorrow I'm hoping to pre-ride the ride I'm going to lead for BBC next weekend, Swampy to Bend/pails THE. The last time I did that ride was...2000 or 2001! And I wasn't in the lead, so I have no idea about the trail intersections. Hopefully I can find someone to go with, since it'll be a shuttle. And I don't want to get lost! :)

No comments: