Monday, October 16, 2006

Conference and riding

Today is the Central Oregon Regional Library Conference! I'm the Chair of the committee putting it on, so I've been working on this for about a year now. Oh my god I'll be so happy when it's over! :) We have some pretty amazing speakers coming in. I'm very proud of my committee ... and myself too.

Went for a really fun ride yesterday. Chris, Julie, David and I rode from Swampy to Bend. We did the Swede Ridge loop until the shelter, then took Sector 16 to Whoops, and then took the canyon down back to Phil's trailhead and back to my house. About 23 miles total and about 3.5 hours. We went fairly slow...so it gave me a good idea of how long it will take the BBC conversational ride. I think it'll be a stretch for some people, but since it is the end of the season I think that's a good thing. No pictures though, we all forgot our cameras! It was tons of fun.

Off to the conference...keep your fingers crossed it all goes well!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

That ride will be even better now that it has rained! Too bad the ride isn't tomorrow. hehehehe

Chandra said...

:) It was tons of fun. Maybe on Sunday it'll be nice and firm. Maybe a little bit of snow too!