Monday, October 30, 2006

Happy Halloween (tomorrow)!

Halloween always seems loooong when it doesn't fall on a weekend. Saturday went to a house party with some friends and had a total blast! I think this was the best Halloween I've had in... four years? Something like that. I was so not in the mood for the downtown scene, so it was just nice to get dressed up and go to one place. Not "wild and crazy" time...but a wild and crazy time! :) I dressed up as a "good kitty gone bad." I have this black Emily the Strange t-shirt that says "Good Kitty Gone Bad" in red, along with cat scratches. I love the shirt (and Emily the Strange), but haven't worn it much 'cause it's that atrocious unisex high collar cut. Ick. Not my style. April altered it for me, for my birthday present and now it's a FUN shirt! :) So I wore that, black skirt, black tights, my knee-high black boots, long black wig and then ears and a tail. Easy costume. I will have pictures, but they weren't from my camera, so I have to wait for someone to send them to me.

So there was this great scavenger hunt! We were in groups of three and to get your map you had to chug a beer. Managed that...but after the two previous beers and an appletini...Deciphering the map and clues was hard! :) This scavenger hunt took us all over the neighbourhood. I'm not sure what his neighbours thought of these drunk adults dressed up in costume running all over. I was laughing so hard I almost ran into a street lamp. Of course, that could also have been because of the jello shots we had to consume to get to one of the clues in the bottom of the cups...! Yea, figuring out the clues became progressively more difficult. We wound up crossing the railroad tracks and basically wandering through the forest, in the pitch dark, with just glow sticks. I had a total blast! And the pictures should be pretty funny. Wasn't too late though, I think I was in bed by about 1:00. So not wild and crazy like the Grove or downtown, but one of the best Halloweens I've had in a while. So I'm happy.

Sunday I went down to Snow Clone, to support Chris and the Gear Peddler. There were some great bands playing, and I got a very cute hat! I'll take a pic of me in it...it's really cute. Had a ton of fun, but couldn't stay as long as I wanted...it was a school night! :)

Happy Halloween tomorrow!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

That sounds totally fun!