Thursday, November 02, 2006

Happy birthday Kai!!!

It's my nephew Kai's first birthday today! Happy birthday baby boy! He's the cutest thing ever. As he's growing, he looks more and more like his dad, my brother. Here's a picture of Kai:

And now here's one of my brother holding me:

although maybe that one isn't that great...how about this one:


Hmm. Those may not demonstrate well...but Kai really does look like Randal! This picture above is the day I was brought home. I was tiny! Wish I could have been there today for his birthday. My friend Heidi just became an aunt again yesterday, so now we have nephews whose birthdays are very close. Wonder if that could help me remember when Kai's is? I almost forgot to send him happy birthday wishes today, but now that I remembered, I'm all over it! :)

It made me nostalgic, so I also uploaded some pics of growing up onto my Flickr site. You know what's really wired? Those who know me now really don't know me as "horsie-Chandra," but those who know me from Vancouver know me as nothing but that! I grew up riding horses, working in a barn, working on a ranch...if you don't believe me, check out my new Growing Up gallery (there aren't that many horse ones in there yet). It's odd to have a part of you that is so much...a part of you, that most of your current friends know nothing about. Huh. My meditation for the day.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

There are some really great pics in that gallery!

Chandra said...

Thanks! :) Some of my favourite pics are on my home computer though ...which is currently dead. Not sure how to revive it...