Monday, November 27, 2006

Snow, snow and more snow!

It's been snowing here in Sunriver all day! Which is great...but I'm not looking forward to the drive home. I don't have my studs on the car. I'd decided to not put them on. So many people I've talked to never use them...they do damage the roads, and studies have shown that they don't really help prevent accidents. Of course, that may be 'cause people get studs on, then think they're invincible and drive like the road is clear! Sheesh. That and when I thought about last year, there were only about 5 or 6 times I really needed them.

Like tonight. I'll just go slow. Any hey, for all I know the highway is cleared! Lava Butte is just not a fun part of the highway. Fewer fatalities since they put in the middle divider, but still...

But the snow is beautiful! Had roller derby practice again yesterday. Fun fun fun. April has the sweetest bruise! I thought that she was holding something on her lap...but no, it's just this glorious purple, green, yellow and red bruise. Now, I'm a bruise poker (hee hee), but that one looked waaaaay to ouchy!!! I should by getting my skates on Tuesday, thank god. The ones I've been using SUCK! I'm getting better on those...so I should be much better on "real" skates.

Now just waiting for 6:00...

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Bruise poker? You're liable to get decked for that!

Chandra said...

Yeah. LOL. I have been...many times. Just ask anyone who's known me for a while. But I only poke small bruises, not serious ones! :)